- Carefully research for a Realtor that has proven results, often determined by accreditations like Certified Resident Specialist (CRS), Realtor-Broker (RB), activity in the community, and quality service and performance awards. Their websites should be helpful in your search.
- This superior Realtor can set you up with a trustworthy loan officer to determine a realistic financial picture for you. Most times a loan, if needed, can be worked out, but in any event, you must know what you qualify for early on.
- Be realistic about location, size, land area (do you really want to ride a lawn mower keeping an acre or two nice and groomed?), configuration, schools, shopping, beaches, type of ownership, and so on. The Realtor will be of great assistance.
- Study all documents carefully, especially Seller’s Disclosures, building and pest inspections, terms of the Purchase Contract, time lines, and many other critical, and small but important details. This means working closely with your selected Kauai Realtor.
- Be ready to perform on your responsibilities during the escrow process. Kauai real estate uses escrow companies, and only occasionally real estate attorneys.
Of course there are other factors that are important, but this short list will get you on your way to buying Kauai real estate.